Howdy everybody! It’s Angie, with a digital scrapbook challenge for August. Over the past couple of months we have hosted a color challenge and a scraplift challenge, however this month we are going to do a recipe challenge. It’s pretty simple to complete; just follow the upcoming instructions to create a layout using Meredith’s products, then post a link to the finished layout in the comments section of this post.
For participating, everyone will receive a coupon for 50% off a future purchase, whilst one lucky random winner will receive a $10 coupon to Meredith’s store!
Before we begin, keep in mind that you can use as many digital scrapbook products as you want, as long as they are available to purchase in Meredith’s store (outside fonts are perfectly fine though!) and you have to follow these six steps. Ready? Lets begin!
1. Select a minimum of two background papers, with at least one of these papers being a patterned paper. Layer them however you want.
2. Pick your photos and place them – I’ve really been enjoying multiple photo layouts lately, so lets go with three to six photos.
3. Frame at least two of your photos – if the kit you are using doesn’t come with any frames, create one yourself with some papers or by outlining your photo (such as the ‘stroke’ option in Photoshop CS).
4. Take any sort of element and use it four times on your layout. Eg four flowers, four stars, four leaves. You can use recolored and different sized versions of the same element, too. All four elements do not have to be clustered or even in the same area. Then do this a second time, using a different sort of element from before.
5. Use at least two fonts/alphas in your title work. You can use two alphas, two fonts or an alpha and a font.
6. Place the rest of the elements however you want, shadow, journal, date etc.
If you get stuck on any step, please feel free to let me know in the comments below and I will clarify as quickly as possible! If you’re needing a bit of inspiration, here is my own layout, created using the above steps:
To create this layout I used one of Meredith’s recent new releases, Under The Big Top:
So, to be in for a chance to win, make sure you’ve done the following:
1. Created a layout using the above six instructions, using one (or more) of Meredith’s products.
2. Upload it to Meredith’s gallery at Scrap Orchard.
3. Come back here and leave a comment with a link to your layout.
4. This challenge closes on the 20th of August at 11.59pm EST. Your comment, with a link to your completed layout, must be posted by this date and time.
Good luck – I can’t wait to see your layouts!